President's Message
Ian Watson
member photo
       18th October 2018
President Ian Watson Welcomed all
Apologies: Jeff, Martin, Simon
Special Guests: Nil

DG Visit: 1st November 2018 Last Drop 5.30pm for Directors and partners at 6.30pm

Directors: Need to get a written Report to President Ian prior to the meeting and be ready to discuss with the DG.

Need to get Budgets to President and Treasurer by next Board Meeting and the AGM on 22nd November 18. This report can be used for the AGM

Volunteers Night was attended by a number of Rotary Members last night at the Ice Arena and were treated to some nice food and some spot games for prizes and a couple drinks free each. Ian Watson, Peter Hodgson (2nd cap Mens Shed) Martin and Gillian, Alan and Diane Wright and Geoff Webb (3rd cap Aubin Grove Community Assoc.).

Thanked the Cockburn Council, Mayor Logan Howlett, for putting on the night to celebrate the volunteers in the Community.

Board Meeting Minutes 15th October: minutes of meeting available on web site.

AGM: Set for the 22nd November at usual meeting time. Make sure you are available to attend.
Guest Speakers:
None this week. Update of Directors to the Club
Guest Speaker: None
Directors Reports:
Club Service/Vice President:
Reminder of our visit to Palm Beach to join their club on 24th October at clipper inn. See event below.
On 8th November it will be 100 yrs since end WW1. Can we do something to celebrate. Kurk has contacted a Officer at the Naval Base and Michael has contact with Army and also Diane said Alan would also give a talk.
Governance Officer: Charities License has been approved CC22385 and certificate received. All documentation and ongoing financial reporting on club runner. Working with Children register and advice to District to be completed. All current holders to send approvals to Secretary to include in register.
Ian (to complete). Alan and Di, Kurk and Sandra, Nat and Mike and Rosinda all current
COC Mens Shed Inc: A Invite out for a Sundowner will follow
Treasurer:  Budgets required early new year from all the Directors for approval by the board. Membership fees are due. Accommodation for conference in Collie done at Collie Ridge Hotel. If any others decide they are going then advise Michael to make sure enough accommodation arranged.
Foundation: Ray Swap Meet at Beeliar Shopping centre a go. Meetings ongoing but probably not starting until new year now. Delay in getting Requirement for a Traffic Report has been done by Council and now in the final approval stage with Council.
Xmas breakfast will be changed to a Sundowner to 6th December at Mens Shed 2 Sullivan St Cockburn Central. Advise Robyn/Diane of anyone we should invite.
January Fish n Chips meeting  will be on first meeting in Jan 17th.   
Fellowship in November maybe waived due to Spring fair and Sundowner early Dec
Robbie Burns night in January date to be advised and also invite to other clubs to join us.
Robbie Burns night set for 15th February (TBC)
50th Anniversary of the Club is in June but will have a 50th Birthday bash deferred to 25th July 2019 (TBC) due to lodging a grant application late. Jandacot Hall to be used.
Membership:  Couple prospective members to be followed up. Business Cards available. In the Club cupboard. On going meetings last 10am Jamaca Blue 17th Sept. Banners and promotional material being ordered.
Community:  Stockland have approved grant request for $1000 for Microscopes to three schools plus batteries
Vocational: Diane chasing up schools regarding Literacy awards. 4Way Test schools being approached missed first round but Seton looking good for new year. Meeting arranged with committee
Youth: Disabilty Chair has been delivered and write up in local Gazette and also on Facebook please like and share the post. Youth Exchange shared in Jan-July 2019. Not happening now. Rypen student attended a report later, Need applicants for RYLA as applications now out. also Interact Club started at Harrisdale School with PP Rosinda organizing.
Spring fair: Date is Sunday 28th October 2018. Next meeting 14th October. The Theme this year is medieval.
Need volunteers for the set up of bunting 2pm - 4pm on Saturday the 27th Oct. Ian and Simon doing the marking of stall holders.
Also Volunteers to man the gates Collect Money and also some parking duties
See Kurk who is handling this since Ray has handed over the banner.
Curry Park Memorial; Discussions still going on with the Bibra Lake Community Assoc and the Mens Shed regarding re landscaping the Memorial of the early settlers (The Tapper Family). The council has come to the party and installed the fencing. We maybe able to do up the new signage as a gift under our 50year community donation.
FINES: Rosinda          Michael Assisted
No Stamps or badges ?
Geoff: What no Bulletin??
Interclub meeting: Palm beech all those not attending
Board Meeting: Who did not attend
Everyone as we haven't a President Elect: Liberals and Nationals all fighting to be the leader
Who is not helping or attending the Spring fair
Welcome back John and Kurk
All those who did not attend the Volunteers night
Mayor Logan a docker?
Eagles supporters Shame not working hard enough to get Tim Kelly back home
Anyone who did not know or see that the Royals are in Australia
Brought Box: Peter: fined himself for barracking for Collingwood watching the GF in Bali wearing a Collingwood shirt
Lucky Numbers:
#1 - Tim Wright (Alan and Diane will make sure he gets the $5???)
Upcoming Events
Joint club meeting with Palm Beach
Clipper Hotel
Oct 24, 2018
6:15 PM – 9:00 PM
Spring Fair
Manning Park
Oct 28, 2018
11:03 AM – 8:03 PM
Club Meeting
Nov 01, 2018
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Meeting Responsibilities
Meeting 8th November 2018
Hodgson, Peter
Webb, Geoff
Robeson, Lindsay
Meeting 22nd November 18
Wright, Diane
Wright, Alan
Goodreid, Bevan
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Member Birthdays
Yaz Mubarakai
October 24