banner
President's Message
Ian Watson
member photo
 
       22nd November 2018
 
 
 
 
 
President Ian Watson Welcomed all
Apologies: Jeff Myers, Ray McKinnon, Martin Harrison,
Special Guests: Mayor Logan Howlett
 
AGM: Held full details on Club Runner.
Positions to be filled for 2019-20. President and President Elect.
Budget submitted and accepted at the AGM
Audit still to be completed for books 2017 with 2018 to be done when received. These will be presented at Special General Meeting to be held in February.
Constitution acceptance was deferred until new year due to questions raised needed to be answered. Special Resolution meeting to be held on the 21st of February with notice of meeting to be sent out by the 1st February 2019 together with the Constitution and bylaws.

Governance: Need to get the new changes to the Constitution ratified special resolution meeting early new year. To have them registered prior to June 2019 (Change Act) By-Laws can be done later but also need to be reviewed. District approved Draft forms were sent out to clubs and are to be used. The Constitution cannot be changed only your name added. The By-Laws can be adjusted to your Clubs flexibility.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Guest Speakers: Nil as AGM held
 
 
 
________________________________________________________________________
 
Directors Reports:
Club Service/Vice President:
 
Governance Officer: Charities License has been approved CC22385 and certificate received. All documentation and ongoing financial reporting on club runner. Working with Children register and advice to District to be completed. All current holders to send approvals to Secretary to include in register.
Ian (to complete). Alan and Di, Kurk and Sandra, Nat and Mike and Rosinda all current
COC Mens Shed Inc: A Invite out for a Sundowner will follow
Treasurer:  Budgets required early new year from all the Directors for approval by the board. Membership fees are due. Accommodation for conference in Collie done at Collie Ridge Hotel. If any others decide they are going then advise Michael to make sure enough accommodation arranged.
Foundation: Ray Swap Meet at Beeliar Shopping centre a go. Meetings ongoing but probably not starting until new year now. Delay in getting Requirement for a Traffic Report has been done by Council and now in the final approval stage with Council.
Fellowship:
Xmas breakfast will be changed to a Sundowner to 6th December at Mens Shed 2 Sullivan St Cockburn Central. Advise Robyn/Diane of anyone we should invite. Talk on wether
January Fish n Chips meeting  will be on first meeting in Jan 17th.   
Fellowship in November waived due to Spring fair and Sundowner early Dec
Robbie Burns night in February date TBC 15th February 2019 and also invite to other clubs to join us.
50th Anniversary of the Club is in June 19 but will have a 50th Birthday bash deferred to 25th July 2019 (TBC) due to lodging a grant application late. Jandacot Hall to be used.
Membership:  Couple prospective members to be followed up. Business Cards available. In the Club cupboard. On going meetings. Banners and promotional material being ordered.
Community:  Stockland have approved grant request for $1000 for Microscopes to three schools plus batteries
Vocational: Diane chasing up schools regarding Literacy awards. 4Way Test schools being approached missed first round but Seton looking good for new year. Meeting arranged with committee
Youth: Disabilty Chair has been delivered and write up in local Gazette and also on Facebook please like and share the post. Youth Exchange shared in Jan-July 2019. Not happening now. Rypen student attended a report later, Need applicants for RYLA as applications now out. also Interact Club started at Harrisdale School with PP Rosinda organizing.
Spring fair: Barry Hoar advised Well attended and the Medieval Theme was a great success with the kids and no so young kids. Over 90 Stalls/food vans. Great day weather wise and all stall holders pleased with the turn out and finished with the  fire works. Thanked all the committee and workers on the day
Curry Park Memorial; Discussions still going on with the Bibra Lake Community Assoc and the Mens Shed regarding re landscaping the Memorial of the early settlers (The Tapper Family). The council has come to the party and installed the fencing. We maybe able to do up the new signage as a gift under our 50year community donation. Change of name from Curry Park to Tapper Park is being instigated
_______________________________________________________________________
 
FINES: Rosinda
Usual offenders with No PINS or Stamps
Those not wearing a Poppie
Who is not attending a Remembrance day celebration
National Anthem: All as were Not singing in tune with the music
 
Brought Box:
Diane: Those who were rushing the national anthem putting all off key
Peter: Bevan/Dawn: As the poem stated that "We lived, felt Dawn, saw sunset glow"
Geoff: Peter for drinking cans of beer with the Eagles logo on them. Thought he had jumped teams?
Alan: Eagles supporters. How long do we have to put up with this Eagles crowing about their Premership??  (Answer until Dockers win one)
 
 
HEADS AND TAILS: Bevan
 
Lucky Numbers: #59 - Club Wins
 
 
 
Upcoming Events
Rotary Club of Cockburn Christmas Sundowner.
Dec 06, 2018
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
 
Meeting Responsibilities
Steward
Webb, Geoff
 
Registration
Brandstater, Kurk
 
Birthdays & Anniversaries
Member Birthdays
Alan Wright
December 17
 
Spouse Birthdays
Lorraine Webb
December 7
 
Alan Wright
December 17
 
Join Date
Michael Beaver
December 10, 1987
31 years
 
Nat Blechynden
December 11, 2008
10 years
 
Ray McKinnon
December 14, 2002
16 years
 
Logan Howlett
December 23, 2004
14 years
 
Peter Hodgson
December 31, 2004
14 years
 
ClubRunner